Female Einsteins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Female Einsteins?

Post  Mayflow on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:51 am

Lene Vestergaard Hau
Danish-born Hau and her research group at Harvard study Bose-Einstein condensates, clouds of ultra-cold atoms whose behavior was predicted by Einstein's theories. The weird clouds, which act like one big atom, were first created in the lab only a decade ago.
Using a complicated laser system, Hau's group has been able to slow pulses of light to a dead stop inside the atom cloud, then start it up again. The phenomenon could lead to new types of optical data processing, Hau said.
"One could imagine putting a whole three-dimensional image into the medium, and one could then store it there in highly, highly compressed form," she said. "We have a theoretical paper out where we clearly show that the system can be used for coherent processing of optical information."
Hau, who received a $500,000 MacArthur "genius" grant in 2001, said she never really gave much thought to being "a physicist of a particular gender" until just a few years ago. "When I see weird behavior [from male colleagues], my first inclination is not to think, 'What's wrong with me,'" she said. "It's, 'What the heck is wrong with these guys?'"
Deborah Jin

CU-Boulder
Deborah Jin is a physicist at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Like Hau, Jin has received a MacArthur grant (Class of 2003) for her work with ultra-cold condensates. Jin and her group at JILA
, jointly operated by the University of Colorado at Boulder and the National Institute of Standards and Technology, figured out how to create a "super-atom" from a class of quantum particles known as fermions — a class that includes the subatomic particles we all know and love: protons, electrons and neutrons.
Making fermionic condensates is even trickier than creating Bose-Einstein condensates, but since the process works with more "ordinary" stuff, it could point the way toward breakthrough technologies ranging from better atomic clocks to super-efficient, superconducting circuitry.
Janet Conrad

Columbia Univ.
Janet Conrad studies "flavors" of neutrinos.
Conrad is a physics professor at Columbia University in New York but commutes to Fermilab in the Chicago area to work on experiments relating to neutrinos. Those hard-to-detect subatomic particles just might hold the key to the mysteries of dark matter and dark energy, little-understood phenomena that account for 95 percent of the universe.
The focus of Conrad's work is a 40-foot-round, oil-filled metal sphere at Fermilab that has been designed to detect the oscillations between different "flavors" of neutrinos. Results from the MiniBooNE detector could help physicists readjust their calculations for the universe's matter content, or point to revisions in the foundation for particle physics, known as the standard model.
"Every physicist's goal is to find out what's wrong with the standard model," Conrad explained. "It's a model rather than a theory, because it doesn't come from first principles. We believe that this has to be a reflection of some kind of larger theory, so we want to see beyond the standard model. Neutrinos are turning out to be a very rich place to do that."
Advertise | AdChoices



In addition to her strictly scientific work, Conrad is a proselytizer for particle physics, serving as the chief organizer for this month's NeutrinoFest in Florida.
Ann Nelson

Courtesy of Ann Nelson
Ann Nelson theorizes on as-yet-undiscovered particles.
Nelson and her colleagues at the University of Washington
concentrate on theories that go beyond the standard model. Just last year, the Washington group proposed an explanation that links dark energy with interactions between neutrinos and yet-to-be-discovered particles dubbed "accelerons."
"It's the only theory on dark energy relating to particles that we know exist," Nelson said. If the theory checks out, then the expansion of the universe should eventually slow down to a crawl over the course of billions of years.
She said the theory would explain anomalies in neutrino behavior, such as those observed by the Liquid Scintillator Neutrino Detector at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Future efforts to detect supersymmetry — the pairing of the standard model's particles with as-yet-unseen "shadow" partners — could turn up indirect evidence for accelerons, Nelson said.
Marcela Carena

Fermilab Visual Media Services
Marcela Carena focuses on a theory called electroweak baryogenesis.
Dark matter? Check. Supersymmetry? Check. Extra dimensions? Check. Matter-antimatter imbalance?
Check. Higgs boson?
Check. Grand unified theory? Check. The theoretical work that Argentine-born Carena is doing at Fermilab
relates not just to one, but at least six of the mysteries of modern physics.
"We hope that by looking at one part of the puzzle, we'll know what's happening in another part of the puzzle," she said. "We need to look at all these questions at the same time, or look at the whole, or otherwise we lose all those links."
avatar
Mayflow

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  thedoc on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:09 am

Hello Mayflow, Nice post, I don't remember when I first realized the intellictual equavilence between genders, but it's been awhile. Good luck getting anything thru to 'username'. Do you remember 'saytr'? If this isn't him, it's a very good immitation, but with 'apaosha' being here as well its a bit of a give-away. You have my sympathy in your efforts, for myself, I wouldn't waste my time.

thedoc

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Username on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 am

LOOOOOOOL, who is this supposed to impress/convince??

Me?!?!?!?! Hahahahahaha. Very funny.

"Female Philosophy" That'd be the day.............. wake me up in 3000 AD. I want to see all the "female philosophy" that had transpired within 1000 years. Fuck it's already been 2000 years since the beginning of modern civilization. I guess all the women were 'oppressed' back then. The female human specie had been "waiting", until now, to really bust out and 'think'.

Still waiting though....


Even IF these women constituted 'thinkers' (which they don't), what does that make YOU "Mayflow"? Are you one of these women on the list? If not then shut up and produce something worth reading. What are you waiting for??

Username

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Mayflow on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 am

Username wrote:LOOOOOOOL, who is this supposed to impress/convince??

Me?!?!?!?! Hahahahahaha. Very funny.

"Female Philosophy" That'd be the day.............. wake me up in 3000 AD. I want to see all the "female philosophy" that had transpired within 1000 years. Fuck it's already been 2000 years since the begi.f modern civilization. I guess all the women were 'oppressed' back then. The female human specie had been "waiting", until now, to really bust out and 'think'.

Still waiting though....


Even IF these women constituted 'thinkers' (which they don't), what does that make YOU "Mayflow"? Are you one of these women on the list? If not then shut up and produce something worth reading. What are you waiting for??

My job here is not to placate some silly man's ego, and I am not waiting for anything or anyone. You speak up loudly but you say nothing and you know nothing. I will ask you only one time again to help me defeat ignorance, but if you continue to be derogative to females or other peoples of other nationalities or belief systems, I will (mark my words on this) totally annhialate your influence on any thinking being. O nevermind, it's already been done. Very Happy
avatar
Mayflow

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Username on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:30 am

Still no "female philosophy".

Still no "female Einstein".

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Zero. Women only can hope to emulate powerful men, the true Authorities in this world.


This is why women/females desire "Equality" with "Man". All she can ever hope for is to rise as high as Man.

That is her ideal.... by definition, everybody admits that women automatically are inferior from the beginning.

Women/females only can hope to "catch-up" to where 'Man' has already transgressed.


Who was the first human being to climb Mount Everest, man or woman?

Guess. Go ahead. Throw a dart.

Who was the first "human" to walk on the moon?? Go ahead. Say it.

Username

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Mayflow on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Username wrote:Still no "female philosophy".

Still no "female Einstein".

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Zero. Women only can hope to emulate powerful men, the true Authorities in this world.


This is why women/females desire "Equality" with "Man". All she can ever hope for is to rise as high as Man.

That is her ideal.... by definition, everybody admits that women automatically are inferior from the beginning.

Women/females only can hope to "catch-up" to where 'Man' has already transgressed.


Who was the first human being to climb Mount Everest, man or woman?

Guess. Go ahead. Throw a dart.

Who was the first "human" to walk on the moon?? Go ahead. Say it.

If you consider yourself a "man" I am not in the market for equality. Doesn't matter because at least at present, I will find uses for you and you will provide energy for me.
avatar
Mayflow

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Username on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Mayflow wrote:If you consider yourself a "man" I am not in the market for equality. Doesn't matter because at least at present, I will find uses for you and you will provide energy for me.
You mean like: following me around?

And therefore I am useful because I lead you into areas that you would have never gone without me?

Username

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Mayflow on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Username wrote:
Mayflow wrote:If you consider yourself a "man" I am not in the market for equality. Doesn't matter because at least at present, I will find uses for you and you will provide energy for me.
You mean like: following me around?

And therefore I am useful because I lead you into areas that you would have never gone without me?

Close enough to be workable.
avatar
Mayflow

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Username on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

You're my Slave, Mayflower. Repeat this inside your tiny woman-skull as you fall-asleep today.

Username

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Mayflow on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Username wrote:You're my Slave, Mayflower. Repeat this inside your tiny woman-skull as you fall-asleep today.

If delusions like this make you happy, that's fine. Operation Illumination will not work for those not ready and too afraid. I have already worked on this in my overall equation. The conscious powers will be higher if the awareness levels are higher, but the consciousness levels to get higher have to get past ego restrictions. Your powers over me could only occur if I was a little tiny baby and you were my primary caregiver, but reality is that that just isn't the case, as I am not a little tiny baby anymore. You in my eyes are a bigger challenge to help than a little baby, because of so many foolish ego-bindings based on your emotional neediness. Your delusions will protect your delusions. Maybe thedoc is slightly over-macho sometimes, but his protective instincts are more towards others than to protect his own delusions, which shows me a step higher in mental or awareness evolution. Did you follow even a single idea represented here, or was your ego wanting to show how macho and male and "superior" you want to pretend to be? Pretty much any man or woman can see through ego-protection devices and facades when presented so overtly and adolescently.
avatar
Mayflow

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Username on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:15 am

Mayflow wrote:If delusions like this make you happy, that's fine. Operation Illumination will not work for those not ready and too afraid. I have already worked on this in my overall equation. The conscious powers will be higher if the awareness levels are higher, but the consciousness levels to get higher have to get past ego restrictions. Your powers over me could only occur if I was a little tiny baby and you were my primary caregiver, but reality is that that just isn't the case, as I am not a little tiny baby anymore. You in my eyes are a bigger challenge to help than a little baby, because of so many foolish ego-bindings based on your emotional neediness. Your delusions will protect your delusions. Maybe thedoc is slightly over-macho sometimes, but his protective instincts are more towards others than to protect his own delusions, which shows me a step higher in mental or awareness evolution. Did you follow even a single idea represented here, or was your ego wanting to show how macho and male and "superior" you want to pretend to be? Pretty much any man or woman can see through ego-protection devices and facades when presented so overtly and adolescently.
The reason you are my slave is because I can follow your "logic" while you cannot follow mine.

This has nothing to do with maturation, you common fool. It has to do with Intelligence, Knowledge, and Compulsion.


I know what you are compelled to do. The more you speak, the more you reveal your true 'underlying' nature to me.

I've smelled your brand of shit before. The more you speak, the more you reek.


You have no Knowledge to offer Me. That makes you Useless, to me, a mere tool to become utilized by me.

You are the Tool. I am the Tool maker and the Tool breaker. My slaves use my tools, for me.

I invent a hammer (the essence of you) so that others may use you for My purpose.


You are no Mystery to Me. And your 'ego' is puny & pitiful in size. You have no Willpower, on top of no great Knowledge.

Your genes will not survive the long-run; your fate rests in Extinction.

Username

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female Einsteins?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum