Insurgent Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

" a sustaining governing body?"

+3
Mayflow
Username
Henry Quirk
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty " a sustaining governing body?"

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Why, again, do 'we' need such a thing?
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty Re: " a sustaining governing body?"

Post  Username Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:Why, again, do 'we' need such a thing?
To exclude scum & filth like you.

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayflow Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 am

Username wrote:
Henry Quirk wrote:Why, again, do 'we' need such a thing?
To exclude scum & filth like you.

One person's scum and filth, is one person's scum and filth, but each own their own. I've no problem with Henry, but then I've no problems overall. *shrugs*
Mayflow
Mayflow

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 am

Mayflow wrote:One person's scum and filth, is one person's scum and filth, but each own their own. I've no problem with Henry, but then I've no problems overall. *shrugs*
You have no idea.

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Henry has been a member of this forum , he was here before I was. Kind of crappy to step in and tell a person they are unwanted in a place where you are the newcomer. Chill out things will work out for the best given calm thoughtful decent conversation.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

kriswest wrote: given calm thoughtful decent conversation.

From username? lol!

thedoc

Back to top Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty "To exclude scum & filth like you."

Post  Henry Quirk Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm 'scum and filth' because you believe I'm Mono, and (you believe) Mono 'is' a pedophile, or condones pedophilia, yes?

First: I'm not Mono...if you have evidence to prove I am, then offer it up...or: go fuck yourself.

Second: I'm not a pedophile...if you have evidence to prove I am, then offer it up...or: go fuck yourself.

*shrug*

#

Kris, I'm still waiting for an answer: Why do 'we' need such a thing as a 'governing body'?
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Its not obvious????? ROTFlMAO . Henry we need rules, laws in order to keep from decimating humanity with wars duels , crimes of passion etc etc etc. Without governing we humans would kill each other off within a few generations, if not less. This forum shows this in a microcosim and it does so safely without harm to others.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayflow Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm

kriswest wrote:Its not obvious????? ROTFlMAO . Henry we need rules, laws in order to keep from decimating humanity with wars duels , crimes of passion etc etc etc. Without governing we humans would kill each other off within a few generations, if not less. This forum shows this in a microcosim and it does so safely without harm to others.

I am with Henry (well maybe) on this. I don't think we need rules or governors, and in fact I think they are the cause of many of the killings and wars.
Mayflow
Mayflow

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:45 pm

You are thinking of the old, we are here to create new by learning from the old not, replicating it.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayflow Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:14 pm

kriswest wrote:You are thinking of the old, we are here to create new by learning from the old not, replicating it.

Like a quantum shift, like a singularity bolt of lightning from the outer stratospheres? Sure, why not? If I remember correctly, that's how this Universe was born. Smile Kris, you inspire me. It is not easy to shift paradigms when you are really happy with your present ones, but it's really the only way to break through present mind confines.
Mayflow
Mayflow

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Mayflow wrote:
It is not easy to shift paradigms when you are really happy with your present ones, but it's really the only way to break through present mind confines.

Thats just it, many are not happy with the present society, but those who are happy are the ones who have a considerable amount of control. There are many who are ready for a change and would be succeptable to a new form of government. When there enough who are ready for the change, it will happen, those in power do so by the acquiesence of the masses, not necessarily the approval.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Doc you can't feel the wind of change? Its starting, across the continents the people are restless. the internet is breathing life to new and acceptence. The net is bringing people together like never before. Thats why we need people from all over for this little experiment. The more difference we have, the more we can get better ideas and a better way to get humans to live together and allow for differences. We can get humans involved in their own futures. The old way was to allow the fewest to decide futures. The net allows for a broader voice for the world.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

"Henry we need rules, laws in order to keep from decimating humanity with wars duels , crimes of passion etc etc etc."

Er, we HAVE rules (law) and we also have "wars, duels , crimes of passion etc etc etc."

*shrug*
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty "the wind of change"

Post  Henry Quirk Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Carrying the stench of new masters to replace the old.

Neutral
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:34 pm

When the people /general population are the masters then what is wrong with that, even Anarchists live by rules of society.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty "even Anarchists live by rules of society"

Post  Henry Quirk Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Which is why I'm no (formal or ideological) anarchist: too many damned rules... Wink

#

"When the people /general population are the masters then what is wrong with that"

There's nothing 'wrong' with it: I'm simply no more inclined to follow the dictates of the 'mob' (no matter how benign) than I am the dictates of king, parliament, or elected or appointed official.

You have a utilitarian agenda (the best for the greatest number): I have a personal agenda (what's best for 'me' and mine).

Not seeing a way to make the two agendas jibe.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Henry , believe it or not you represent a very loud voice and opinion of people. You are not as individual as you think. A great many think as you, across this world. So seeing it here is extremely valuable.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty "You are not as individual as you think."

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:01 pm

HA!

That's probably the worst insult one can levy against another... Wink

#

"A great many think as you"

Not really, no.

Insofar as I can tell: most folks across the board want to 'belong'.

Each strives to insinuate him- or her-self into (or be assimilated by) the 'WE' (a political party, a philosophical movement, a theological group, etc.).

Seems to me: damned few actively work to stand alone, to 'do it him- or her-self'.

Take libertarians, for example: all this talk and philosophy to assert 'liberty' and 'individualism', all done within the context of meetings and conclaves and other 'WE' functions.

If my 'voice' has any value in this discussion/debate it's because that voice is 'my' voice, speaking only for 'me'.

Sure you can generalize that voice so that I stand as the representative of all 'square pegs'...I have no problem with this. Keep in mind, however another 'square peg' may come along who denounces me exactly because I'm not representative of 'him' or 'her'.

*shrug*
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm

ROTFLMAO, I believe the brothers Grimm had a story about a mule that believed it was another type of crittur. We all are that mule one time or another.
As you wish henry, that still works.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

" a sustaining governing body?" Empty "As you wish henry"

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:50 pm

I asked a question elsewhere in-forum...I ask again (in a slightly expanded way): as your 'world governing body' blossoms, and -- assuming most folks just eat it up -- what do you propose to do with the stubborn few who (for whatever reasons) refuse to comply, submit, obey, abide?

Last edited by Henry Quirk on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : excised all dick waving)
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:33 pm

I think it would depend on the manner of the refusal, if it is just harmless excentricity there would be no need to do anything, however if it is disruptive or distructive then some control may be needed. The village Idiot can be tollerated, the anarchist, not.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 pm

For Kris (this other question, too, still stands): Why do 'we' need such a thing as a 'governing body'?

#

Doc, who decides when that refusal moves from being "harmless excentricity" to being "disruptive or distructive"?

That is: who sets the standards, the criteria, the parameters, for what is 'eccentric' and what is 'disruptive or distructive"?

Last edited by Henry Quirk on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:
Doc, who decides when that refusal moves from being "harmless excentricity" to being "disruptive or distructive"?

That is: who sets the standards, the criteria, the parameters, for what is 'eccentric' and what is 'disruptive or distructive"?

The most basic criteria whold be harm (in any form) to another person or their property. If an individual hurts themselves or damages their own property, too bad, don't be so dumb.

This could be decided by consensus or 'Big Brother' if you're so inclined.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:05 pm

"The most basic criteria whold be harm (in any form) to another person or their property"

Any exceptions to that?

For, say, self-defense?

#

"This could be decided by consensus..."

As I keep saying: not inclined to have the mob 'rule' (me).

#

"...or 'Big Brother' if you're so inclined."

And: not inclined to have the politburo 'rule' (me) either.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next