Insurgent Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

equitable taxation

3 posters

Go down

equitable taxation Empty equitable taxation

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:56 pm

What is equitable ('fair') taxation?

That is: if you had your say, how would you structure American taxation (on the local, state, and/or federal levels)?
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

equitable taxation Empty stirring.

Post  thedoc Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 am

I wouldn't have thought this pot had much for stirring. I believe I read that the income tax was voluntary, and all you needed to do was fill out the Tax return as usual and then state that you were refusing to pay. Technically it's not evasion, just declining to pay. Anyone know for sure?

thedoc

Back to top Go down

equitable taxation Empty Re: equitable taxation

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:49 pm

"I wouldn't have thought this pot had much for stirring."

It's dead...but: it's good to check in every so often...if for no other reason than to piss on the trees.

#

"I believe I read that the income tax was voluntary"

Supposedly. Interesting how many folks are jailed or fined for not volunteering.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Go to .gov and look up definitions in IRS, Its pretty interesting. Ask yourself this Why would there be tax lawyers if there were no loopholes? If you get arrested for tax evasion thats all it is it does not mean you are guilty of it, a good lawyer will know the loopholes and laws and can get you off. Arrested is one thing convicted is another. If you have no social security number, do not us the federal way of addressing mail and there are a couple of other things, You don't have to pay taxes to the feds. But if you do use federally funded things then you declare yourself a federal citizen, not a soveriegn citizen of your state. Boom,,, tax evasion. its faily interesting on how things are worded in the law and the definitions of the words.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum