Insurgent Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty Re: Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body

Post  kriswest Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 pm

kriswest wrote:Lets sayThat democratic Republic be top of the list. OK?
what powers should the body have?

Military/ police
health
education
trade
immigration
technology

then what powers within the powers? Step up folks lets at least propose outlines

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty Re: Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body

Post  thedoc Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:25 pm

The most basic, and possably the only powers that I would even consider, is the power to protect one person or group from harm by another person or group. I would definately oppose any attempt by the 'authority' to protect a person from themselves. If someone wants to be stupid that's their problem, not mine, or societies. If someone is standing on a bridge ready to jump, someone should try to talk them out of it, or stop them, but the first thing to find out is the next-of-kin.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 am

Alright so we have one boundry proposed, any others ?????? Look folks right now I am slammed at work i had hoped you all would carry on without me. This is not just about one person prodding this is about everyone prodding poking encouraging and learning how to create a sustainable world cooperative Government for the major populations and minor. Please. Step up folks this could be a real chance to make that difference.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "learning how to create a sustainable world cooperative Government"

Post  Henry Quirk Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Why the hell do I wanna do THAT?

Here's the deal: YOU sustain YOU (and those you choose to shelter); I'll (continue to) sustain ME (and those I choose to shelter); HE'll sustain HIM-self (and those he chooses to shelter); SHE'll sustain HER-self (and those she chooses to shelter).

Any one who CAN'T or WON'T sustain him- or her-self (or find someone shelter him or her): ...*shrug*...not my friggin' *problem.

YOU, of course, please do with your time, energy, resources, 'self', as you like: up to, and including, the futile endeavor of forming "a sustainable world cooperative Government".

I have better things to do ('course, in my slack times, I'll come here and piss on things 'cause SOMEBODY has to...might as well be me).

*I just don't give a shit. Never had much in the way of what any one might call compassion. As I age: I have less and less of that elusive quality. Maybe YOU (and those like YOU) have inner wellsprings of the stuff, but I don't. I, therefore, will not be moved by idealism or grasping hands on my nonexistent heart strings. Raising the question (again!): what will YOU do with ME in your new world?

Never did get an answer to that question and I’d like one… Neutral

Last edited by Henry Quirk on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *shrug*)
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 am

Henry Quirk wrote:
Any one who CAN'T or WON'T sustain him- or her-self (or find someone shelter him or her): ...*shrug*...not my friggin' *problem.
YOU, of course, please do with your time, energy, resources, 'self', as you like: up to, and including, the futile endeavor of forming "a sustainable world cooperative Government".
*I just don't give a shit. Never had much in the way of what any one might call compassion.

Raising the question, what will YOU do with ME in your new world?
Never did get an answer to that question and I’d like one… Neutral

As far as someone who 'can't sustain themselves, but wants to, I would be willing to provide information about training or oportunities, but direct aid would be on a pay back basis.

Those who refuse, as in 'won't' take care of themselves, would be on their own and probably expulsion from the society. Which would also be the solution for someone like Henry claims to be. Henry is that answer good enough for you? Of course this would require some sort of border that can be defended, with an area 'in' the society, and an area of 'badlands' outside the society where you can be 'on your own'. And any assistance, such as medical is strictly 'pay as you go', if you can't afford it? Then what? Penal servitude till you pay your debt? (Note I didn't say 'penil', that would take much longer).

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:50 pm

"...expulsion from the society. Which would also be the solution for someone like Henry claims to be..."

Gonna have to catch me and make me go.

Won't be easy...folks are liable to get hurt.

#

"Henry is that answer good enough for you?"

Sure, insofar as it's YOUR answer...I'm still waiting for Kris's.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:"......I'm still waiting for Kris's.

I believe I read that she is a bit busy with work and home now, we may need to be patient.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "busy with work and home"

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 pm

I get that: and that's fine.

However: I've been askin' the question for more than a little while now (and every time I ask, Kris ignores the question/me).

Certainly: Kris isn't obligated to answer, but, if he/she won't, it would be nice if he/she simply would say "*I'm not answering that" or some such.

In that way: I could stop wasting my time.

*This answer, of course, IS an answer of sorts... Neutral
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 am

I really don't know what this is going to acomplish, looks like 3 of us trying to design a world government, about which no-one can agree. Did you ever read 'The Harrad Experiment'? I read the book, didn't see the movie so I don't know how good that was. Maybe if we all got together and started having random sex, we could take over the world, but my wife wouldn't let me and I'm not sure I would like all the possable combinations so far. Definately need a few more warm female bodies for my taste.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "... looks like 3 of us trying to design a world government, about which no-one can agree."

Post  Henry Quirk Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Now multiple this millions of times and stretch it out over years and you get what I'm driving at.

A futile endeavor.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 am

Henry Quirk wrote:Now multiple this millions of times and stretch it out over years and you get what I'm driving at.

A futile endeavor.

I would have to agree, I would definately be worn out before I got to a million times, even over several years, even at 5 years thats over 500 times a day, I get tired just thinking about it, and a little excited.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:59 pm

What would i do with you in a new world? That is simple I would use you to make things better for humanity.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "I would use you"

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:12 pm

And I'd do my damnedest to end you.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Everybody are already sheep; all one needs to do is kill the Shepherd and direct the flock into a new direction.
Sound familiar?
You can end a life that is true but, some ideas are not so easy to end. A flock that stampedes is a hard one to turn.
Besides I would not use you against your will. Are you here against your will right now? No. I am using you right now. Think about it. The left needs the right and visa versa.
Very Happy Otherwise how could you know wether you are left or right. I have done nothing to threaten your ideals or beliefs. I have never suggested you leave, in fact I have only asked you to stay. Why? There has to be a reason correct?

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Kris, you misunderstand: I wouldn't end you (or make the attempt) because of your ideas (irrelevant to me).

I would end you for the same reason I would end a burglar in my home: because you would presume use me as resource.

You may, at your discretion, 'see' me as you like (resource, idiot, whatever), but an attempt to act on that, to use me (draw a profit from me) is offensive and I wouldn't abide it.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Henry, we are all resources, we all use each other to one degree or another wether we know it or not. You are using me right now do you not see that? I am not insulted I understand that as these creature that we are it is a needful thing for each of us to thrive and survive. There would never be force , never be any behind the back none zero zip. Its all right out in front. You see it you willingly give it. As do I

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty ...yeah...sure...whatever...

Post  Henry Quirk Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Neutral
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing I do enjoy you Henry. You are good for the soul

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "You are good for the soul"

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 pm

HA!

In the manner of ipecac?
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 pm

ROTFLMAO,, hmmmmmm, hadn't thought of that one. No, in the manner of keeping the mind thinking.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "in the manner of keeping the mind thinking"

Post  Henry Quirk Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

HA!

Kind, but inaccurate, I think.

All I ever do is point out how simple 'living' truly is (and how folks tend to complicate 'living' unnecessarily), how there is no 'we' (there's only you and me and him and her, etc.), and that reality is amoral (what's 'right. 'wrong', 'good', 'evil' are in the eye of the beholder, and the beholder is guided by nothing but personal inclination and what he or she susses out by him- or her-self, for him- or her-self).

Can't see how my pointing out the obvious would lead any one to do anything ('cept, maybe, yawn).
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Ever do a chinese finger puzzle or try to remove a childproof cap, how about just trying to figure out what to do with raw chicken?
Sometimes simple requires thinking and sometimes simple is not so simple. Sometimes simple is just too damn complicated. what is simple for one may require another to wrap their brain around it. Very Happy

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "Ever do a chinese finger puzzle or try to remove a childproof cap...?"

Post  Henry Quirk Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Yep.

Frustrating.

The solution, of course, with either is robust violence.

Rip the puzzle to shreds!

Take a hammer to the bottle!

#

"...what to do with raw chicken?"

Burn the hell out of it... Wink
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Very Happy aah, caveman philosopher. It is refreshing since most that enjoy thinking actually rely on others to do it for them. Youngsters now tend to quote everyone else and have little imagination of their own. Caveman tactics have a real place in philosophy and governments.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Outline of steps to take in forming the Governing Body - Page 4 Empty "Caveman tactics have a real place in philosophy and governments."

Post  Henry Quirk Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 pm

"Caveman tactics" are the foundation for EVERYTHING.

The blunt, amoral, unthinking, universe is nothing but force and counter-force in its entirety.

Life (in its broad, biological, definition) is nothing but an on-going exercise in the (re)distribution of energy.

More narrow: all morals, ethics, philosophies, etc. are thin veneer applied to dress up the blunt, direct, straightforward, nature of the World.

These, to me, are unremarkable, obvious, observations.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next