Insurgent Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philosophy?

4 posters

Go down

Philosophy?  Empty Philosophy?

Post  thedoc Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:56 am

What is the point of having a philosophy forum if no-one can use it? Does the admin think they have a lock on the ability to think deep thoughts? It's going to get very lonely there without participation. Well so-be-it, Have fun playing with yourself.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Philosophy?  Empty Re: Philosophy?

Post  thedoc Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:58 am

Well, that was fun while it lasted, I'll probably get shit-canned for that one, - again.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 am

Cya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:09 am

Ha Ha, didn't happen yet? lol!

Hello Username, what kind of stuff do you like? Have you been on other forums?

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Jester Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:46 am

its all activated. you can post in philosophy now.
Jester
Jester
Admin

https://insurgentphilosophy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 am

thedoc wrote:Hello Username, what kind of stuff do you like? Have you been on other forums?
My business is not your business.

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:52 pm

"and exclude the stupid & weak."

I got the impression from this there was going to be some kind of litmus test for people participating on this thread. Instead we are open to anything that crawls in off the street, or trolls that slither in out of the gutter. On a brighter note, we have 'Mayflow, Kriswest, and Harry, to raise the Intellictual content of the dialogue and lend a real air of sophistication to the forum. eek, I havent seen in awhile but I think he can rise to the occasion.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 pm

thedoc wrote:"and exclude the stupid & weak."

I got the impression from this there was going to be some kind of litmus test for people participating on this thread. Instead we are open to anything that crawls in off the street, or trolls that slither in out of the gutter. On a brighter note, we have 'Mayflow, Kriswest, and Harry, to raise the Intellictual content of the dialogue and lend a real air of sophistication to the forum. eek, I havent seen in awhile but I think he can rise to the occasion.
Pray tell what this magical criterion of intelligence is, that you use to judge & determine the intelligence of the aforementioned Users??

Let me guess: You don't have a standard. Because you don't know what is 'intelligent' or not.

I want to hear your definition, in your own words, who is intelligent, why, and how. Otherwise don't tell me who is, and is not, as-if you knew.

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayflow Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 am

thedoc wrote:"and exclude the stupid & weak."

Who is eek, Doc? I agree about Kris as she seems really open-minded and creative, and Harry is to say the least, an interesting mind, but I don't think I know of "eek"?
Mayflow
Mayflow

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 am

Hi Mayflow, good to see you here, eek was posting on one of the other forums that we are both on some time ago (asuming that the ID is for the same person). I remember him posting but not much about the particular posts. Still my recolection is that he had something to offer.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:39 am

Username wrote:
"and exclude the stupid & weak."

I want to hear your definition, in your own words,

The quote is from your post, in case you've forgotten.

And why should I answer you, just becaust you say so. L.O.L.

Learn some manners and I mught take you seriously.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:57 am

thedoc wrote:The quote is from your post, in case you've forgotten.

And why should I answer you, just becaust you say so. L.O.L.

Learn some manners and I mught take you seriously.
Good retort, I see you aren't interested in engaging anybody philosophically.

Just because I maybe an asshole, doesn't make any of my assertions anymore true or anyless false.

Now go sit in the corner and pout. My point remains true, unless anybody else can contend against it?

Somebody offer me an original definition of intelligence and I will tell you if it's true or false. I judge, I decide.

Don't you??

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 am

Username wrote:
Somebody offer me an original definition of intelligence and I will tell you if it's true or false.

There aren't any, the closest is a test that measures performance. That test is biased to a particular culture and is useless with individuals not from that culture. Your assesment of any proposed definition would be meaningless.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 am

thedoc wrote:There aren't any, the closest is a test that measures performance. That test is biased to a particular culture and is useless with individuals not from that culture. Your assesment of any proposed definition would be meaningless.
So you don't know what "intelligent" means. Wonderful.

So you are in no position to also believe what is 'smart' or 'stupid'. Because you don't know what those words mean either.

cheers

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayflow Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 am

Username wrote:
thedoc wrote:There aren't any, the closest is a test that measures performance. That test is biased to a particular culture and is useless with individuals not from that culture. Your assesment of any proposed definition would be meaningless.
So you don't know what "intelligent" means. Wonderful.

So you are in no position to also believe what is 'smart' or 'stupid'. Because you don't know what those words mean either.

cheers

So User name and Einstein lover, tell me what you know of the theory of General or Specific Relativity, tell me what you know of physics or of quantum physics. You cannot, can you? I gave you many chances but you just are not with it. Tell me darling, in Einstein's famous equation, of energy equals mass times the speed of light squared (probably already lost, knucklehead?) what were the units in the equation? You say that I and many others are not on your intellectual level? Give me proof, because you seem to me to not have any.

Tell me what you know about philosophy? Are you coming up empty again?
Mayflow
Mayflow

Back to top Go down

Post  Username Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 am

I will unveil my own scientific breakthrough on December 21st, 2012.

Until then, I will dabble in Philosophy a little bit, and masturbate in public.

I may even tutor some small, young children (you) on how to philosophize, just a little bit.

That depends on how quickly you Cull to my will. I want you bow down, and get on your knees. Learn who your Master is.

Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down