Insurgent Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citizenship

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Citizenship - Page 3 Empty HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post  Henry Quirk Thu May 05, 2011 7:49 pm

I read the post wrong...HA!

My mistake... Embarassed

In my defense, however, your post could (if one squints and reads whilst standing on one's head) advocate for the opposite (no more squinting and head-standing for me!).
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Citizenship - Page 3 Empty Re: Citizenship

Post  thedoc Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm

My fair share is what I have earned myself, and I get really pissed when some ass-hole wants to take what I have earned and give it to someone who is too lazy or irresponsable to earn their own.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:I read the post wrong...HA!

My mistake... Embarassed

In my defense, however, your post could (if one squints and reads whilst standing on one's head) advocate for the opposite (no more squinting and head-standing for me!).

Take your time Henry, like I tell my grandchildren this isn't a race.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm

As always: when I’m on-line, I'm working and surfing and responding to work-related and personal correspondence and doing the forum-thing.

Only natural, I guess, to fuck up now and again.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Thu May 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:As always: when I’m on-line, I'm working and surfing and responding to work-related and personal correspondence and doing the forum-thing.

Only natural, I guess, to fuck up now and again.

You're excused, this time? Click, Click.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Citizenship - Page 3 Empty "ass-hole wants to take what I have earned"

Post  Henry Quirk Thu May 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Agreed.

Why, then, do you advocate for 'governance' (fundamentally: assholes with the big stick taking what you've earned)?
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Thu May 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:Agreed.

Why, then, do you advocate for 'governance' (fundamentally: assholes with the big stick taking what you've earned)?

Unfortunately at my age and condition of health I am dependent on an organized society. I would rather it be a government ass-hole with a big stick, at least i know what I am dealing with, rather than the random ass-hole coming around where I don't know what to expect. I don't necessarily want to just shoot anyone who comes within 100 yards of my house, but I don't want just anyone hanging around. With an organized society there are reasonable ideas of what to expect. Many years ago there was a PBS special "Alone in the Wilderness". a man at ago 54 went into the Alaskan wilderness, a park actually, built a cabin and lived there alone till he was in his 80's, but he was still dependent on society for certain supplies brought in by airplane, and I assume occasional medical and dental attention. If you elect to live out where there is no law it could be an exciting but short life, your choice. Since my grandchildren came into my life I'll opt. for the longer life thankyou.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Fri May 06, 2011 2:14 pm

You all don't think out of the box too much do you? Laughing Laughing You got your wagons circled and ain't nothin gettin in.... but nothin is getting out either.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Quirk Fri May 06, 2011 3:38 pm

"Unfortunately at my age and condition of health I am dependent on an organized society"

While I may not agree with you, I can -- at least -- understand the practicality of this.

There's nothing of the 'idealist' (insane person) in it: just a pragmatic self-interest.

#

"nothin is getting out either"

Speaking only for me: what 'gets out' is exactly what I want to 'get out'...that is: the world gets what I choose to give...that is: I decide for 'me' what's what.
Henry Quirk
Henry Quirk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Fri May 06, 2011 4:29 pm

kriswest wrote:You all don't think out of the box too much do you? Laughing Laughing You got your wagons circled and ain't nothin gettin in.... but nothin is getting out either.

When you can demonstrate that all people will act in a sane and responsable manner on their own without someone with a 'big stick' standing over them, I would agree with a free and open society where everyone is free to do as they wish. The problem is all those who are too lazy, greedy, mean spirited, arrogant, etc. to 'live and let live'. Too many want to go arround being big and important, and in charge of everyone else, to the point of saying 'do it my way or else'. No thanks, that is not for me, and I think Henry is on my side. I don't want a box or a circle of wagons, but I also do not want to have the reason to circle the wagons.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  kriswest Sun May 08, 2011 4:31 pm

People don't have to be responsible now. They have no voice no say they can't help decide. Did you rasie your kids to be dependent upon you for their entire lives? Do you want them coming to you for all their major decisions? Most likely no. What we do is sort of oximoronic. We raise our kids to be responsible then turn them over to something else that treats them like kids. Our governments encourage childish crappy irresonsible behavior because it does not allow for reasonable adults to have a say or voice. Our parents tell us to grow up our governments tell us to stay kids..... I propose a change.

kriswest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3